[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] All Hands Needed in Annapolis

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 22:03:26 UTC 2015

Hello all,

We need as many people as possible to go to Annapolis on Wednesday, February
18 to attend a hearing in the Health, Government and Operations Committee in
the Lowe House Office Building at 1pm.  We must demonstrate our opposition
to  HB349.  This bill places the jobs of many of our colleagues who work at
BISM in jeopardy because it will restrict BISM's ability to sell janitorial
chemicals to the State of Maryland.  We already have a seventy percent rate
of unemployment and under employment among working-age blind persons.  We do
not need a bill that will add to this terrible statistic.  Blind people need
more employment opportunities not less.

Please send me a note off-list to tell me if you can attend.  Your chapter
will let you know about transportation once we  know who can come. Let's
make sure that this committee knows that blind people will not allow their
livelihood to be diminished.

Thank you,

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596