[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Legislative action needed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 21:16:30 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I am sorry I can't make the chapter meeting tonight, but wanted you to have
this information.

We need people to attend the O&M Bill House Hearing on February 26 and the
Senate Hearing on March 4.  We will have transportation leaving from the NFB
building at 11:30 am.  We cannot say exactly what time we will get home.  If
you plan to use mobility, tell them 5pm.

Please write letters to the following delegates asking them to support HB
535, Orientation and Mobility Instruction for Blind and Visually-Impaired
Children.

                Robert Long - Room 325

                Richard Metzgar - Room 307

They are from Baltimore County.  Please also write to,

                Sheila Hixson, Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee -
Room 131

The address for all Delegates is Lowe House Office Building, Annapolis, MD
21401

Please write to the following Senators and ask them to support SB 538, which
is the Senate version of the O&M bill.

                Senator Johnny Ray Salling - Room 416, James Senate Office
Building

Please write to Senator Joan Carter Conway, Chairman, Education, Health and
Environmental Affairs Committee, Room 2W, Miller Senate Office Building.
Thank  her for sponsoring the bill.

The city and zip code are the same for both Senators.

Please write to the Chairman of the Senate Budget and Taxation Committee and
ask him not to cut the $250,000 appropriated for the CENA in the Governor's
budget.  Senator Edward Kasemeyer, Room 3W, Miller Senate Office Building,
Annapolis, MD 21401.

Please give the same message about the $250,000 to Delegate Maggie McIntosh,
Chairman, House Appropriations Committee, Room 121, Lowe House Office
Building, Annapolis, MD 21401.

Please get all of these letters out by March 9.

Thank you very much for your help,

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596