[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Bowl-A-Thon

Melissa Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Sun Mar 15 13:50:06 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

The Maryland Parents of Blind Children hope you will be able to join us for
an afternoon of bowling on Saturdeay, April 18.

Please see the attached flier for all of the information you need to
participate in this fun event which will raise needed dollars for the
MDPOBC. I have pasted some of the highlights from our flier below.

If you have questions, or would like to sign up a team of 6 participants,
please contact Teresa Graham ASAP at

Teresagraham3 at gmail.com

We hope to see you on April 18!

Melissa

Strike
Outhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmvpvOJgPpl_wglkPU7
5McAfVyDLVcsvHYP2PK6QEH_3d5_4DU Illiteracy

BOWL-A-THON

Benefiting National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, Maryland Parents of
Blind Children

Dear Bowl-a-Thon Team Captain:

Thank you in advance for your contribution to the Strike Out Illiteracy
Bowl-a-Thon, by joining our annual tradition of bowling for dollars! This
bowl-a-Thon raises critical funds for blind children in Maryland and is a
great way for work and social groups to team-build and have fun!

The Strike Out Illiteracy Bowl-a-Thon will be held on April 18, 2015. We're
counting on you to join in the

fun by bringing a team of your own to compete at AMS Bowling in Woodlawn,
Maryland.

AMS Woodlawn Lanes

6410 Security Blvd Baltimore Maryland 21207

April 18, 2015   2pm -4pm

Behind the scenes our volunteers, generous donors and sponsors will be back
to make this a successful

event.

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, Maryland Parents of Blind
Children knows that blindness is not the characteristic which defines blind
children and their futures. Every day we raise the expectations of blind
children and their families because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and their dreams. Blind children can live the lives
they want. Blindness is not what holds them back.

Funds raised from this event will be used to support

The National Federation of the Blind Braille Enrichment for Literacy and
Learning (NFB BELL) program-being held July 27-August 7 for students in
elementary school in three locations this year!

Stipends  for blind middle and high school students to attend summer
training programs

Grants for families of blind children to attend the 75th annual National
Convention of the National Federation of the Blind July 5-10 in Orlando, FL