[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Free Accessibility Boutique

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 24 20:40:19 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Please take advantage of this great opportunity. Read Scott White's message
below.

We thought this free event might be of interest to you:

Web Browsing in the 21st Century Accessibility Boutique
When: Monday, August 28, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: Jernigan Institute at 200 E. Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

Browsing the web in 2017 is a new and different experience for all of us.
The old tools and tricks may not do the job anymore. This boutique will
cover a range of browsing topics, from the tools you use, the best
combinations, the problems created by using older browsers or screen
readers, to helpful strategies for navigating an increasingly complex
environment. Coverage will include which browsers have the best support for
access technology, which ones are no longer supported or tested, and why you
might need to make a change sooner rather than later.
We will also look at an example or two of common obstacles and demonstrate
common themes for overcoming those obstacles and provide some tips, tricks,
and resources to make for a more pleasant browsing experience, including how
to get the most out of Facebook with access technology.
Then entire access technology team will be on hand for this free event.

To sign up, please call Ryan Pugh at 410 659-9314, extension 2409 or via
email at RPugh at nfb.org.

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.