[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Summer Reading is coming to LBPH!

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Fri May 24 20:38:26 UTC 2019

Love to read? Want a chance to win great prizes? Then sign up to be part of
our Summer Reading Program, A Universe of Stories! Early registration is
happening now; visit our website and begin tracking today! (Full details
after the break.)

https://marylandlbph.beanstack.com/reader365

*Our first event will be a kick-off party for children, tweens, and teens!
It will be held on June 8th, from 10 AM to 1 PM!*

If you have any questions, please contact either myself or LaShawn Myles (
lashawn.myles at maryland.gov).

Best,
Ashley
_______

*How to participate:*
This year, our theme encourages the exploration of space, science, and
science fiction...because there is a "universe of stories" out there! By
participating in the program, patrons have the opportunity to earn points
that are redeemable for great prizes! The number of completion points can
be earned according to your age group:

   - Birth to 10 years who earn a minimum of 75 points will be eligible for
   a prize and will be entered into a drawing for the library's grand prize.
   - Youth between 11 - 17 who earn a minimum of 100 points will be
   eligible for a prize and will be entered into a drawing for the library's
   grand prize.
   - Adults over 18 who earn a minimum of 300 points will be eligible for a
   prize and will be entered into a drawing for the library's grand prize.

*How to earn points:*
Points can be earned by completing activities, reading, or participating in
library events. Here is the break down of which activities earn the most
points!

   - If you check out/download a book from either LBPH or your local
   library, you will earn 2 points towards your total.
   - If you complete one of the library activities (like coloring pages),
   you will earn 5 points towards your total.
   - For every 30 minutes you read (either in one sitting or spread out
   over several days), you will earn 10 points towards your total.
   - If you attend any Summer Reading Program event either at LBPH or at
   your local library, you will earn 15 points towards your total.

*Activities You Can Do:*
The library has provided a few cool activities to earn some easy points!
Look for more great things you can do by checking out our Facebook page and
the LBPH Beanstack website.

   - Coloring Pages for Children (tactile ones will be provided if desired)
   - Coloring Pages for Young Adults (tactile ones will be provided if
   desired)
   - Writing Contest for Adults

*Summer Reading Events:*
Events being hosted by LBPH will be posted below. They will also be on our
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/mdlbph.

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.