[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Help needed on MTA budget

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 19 22:34:15 UTC 2020

Hello all,

We are partnering with Disability Rights Maryland to make important changes
in the MTA budget to help riders who use both public transportation and
mobility.  We need people to attend the budget hearing on Monday, February
24.  We will have transportation if we get enough participants.  We will
leave from the Jernigan Institute at 1:30 pm because this is a later
hearing.  The estimated return time is 6 pm.  Please send me an email off
list if you can come, or call me at 410-715-9596.  I need to hear from you
by Friday at 4 pm.

Here is the message that we want to deliver to the delegates.  1.  Do not
cut MTA's budget.  2.  MTA must be required to hire more people to work in
the mobility call center.  3.  When contractors are penalized for poor
service, some of the money from the penalties should be given to the riders
who have been inconvenienced.  For instance, the riders should get some free
trips.

We can all attest to the dismal public and paratransit services.  Please
show your support for change by attending this hearing.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.