[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Looking for virtual volunteers to assess apps/sites for Towson U students

mary jo hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:48:18 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am teaching a CIS course at Towson University on creating accessible apps
and websites for blind users.  I am in need of a few more volunteers to
participate in an assessment/interview process for the students final
project.  I am looking for volunteers who would be willing to work with a
team during an upcoming class period to assess a few websites with a screen
reader.   This would take place during our class on Wed. April 28 from
1:00-2:15 p.m.  (ET)

During the class time, you would be placed into a zoom break out room with
three or four students and would take 10-15 mins. To visit each student's
chosen site or app.  During this time, you would walk through how you use a
screen reader with that site and point out problems,  or places where you
have to find a work-around to navigate the site, along with positive things
that site has done to make it accessible.  The idea is to show the students
how the site/app could be more user friendly for those with screen readers.
You do not have to be a tech expert for this.  Just comfortable using a
screen reader to access sites like uber eats, etc.

I'd really appreciate your help with this.  Please email me and I will fill
you in on other details.

Thanks so much!

Mary Jo Hartle

Mjhartle23 at gmail.com <mailto:Mjhartle23 at gmail.com>