[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] MD LBPD Youth Digest 2.22.22

LASHAWN MYLES -MSL- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Tue Feb 22 21:28:58 UTC 2022

Hello Readers,
In this digest, you will learn about upcoming programs and services that
may be of interest to you.  Read below to learn more about:

   - Upcoming Event:  Teen Advisory Board * Teleconference 2/23
   - MD LBPD Youth Survey
   - Google Doodle Contest (Now Open)

*Join the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) *Teleconference*
*February 23rd @ 5 p.m. *
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) consists of a group of teens (Ages 10 - 17)
who are interested in making a difference in teen services and programs at
the MD LBPD library.

   - What are the specific activities of teens who serve on the TAB?
   - Plan and promote youth library programs/ services @ MD LBPD
   - Make suggestions for ways to promote the collection
   - Assist with library programs for children or teens
   - Meet and work with other youth

To learn more, join the TAB drop-in via teleconference on February 23rd
 from 5:00- 5:30 p.m.
No registration is required.
Dial-in number (US): (319) 527-4994

*Survey - Library for the Blind and Print Disabled - Youth Events*
Please fill out the brief survey below and let us know how we can improve. We
are looking forward to your feedback!
If you would, please fill out this survey (
https://forms.gle/7XoTuK4FvrC1eyaVA) by *March 4th. *

*Google Doodle Contest (Now Open)*
Use your imagination to create a Google Doodle based on what self-care
means to you.  This year's theme is: "I care for myself by…"
We all have a lot going on - and now more than ever, it’s important for us
to take care of our bodies and minds. What are your favorite things to do
that make you feel better when you’re feeling down? How do you take a
break? What activities make you feel calm or give you energy? What or who
brings joy to your heart? Our theme this year invites you to share how you
nurture your mind, body, and/or spirit as you face the opportunities and
challenges every new day brings.

*What is the "Doodle for Google" contest?*
Doodle for Google is an annual art contest open to students in grades K-12.
Students are invited to create their own Google Doodle for the chance to
have it featured on Google.com, as well as win some great scholarships and
tech packages for their schools.

*How to enter*
We're excited to see some great Doodles this year! Students can work with
any materials they want, but all Doodles must be entered using the entry
form. Parents and teachers can mail us the completed entry form or submit
it online as a .png, or .jpg. The contest is open for entries until March
4, 2022 11:59 p.m. PST, so here's some information to help you get started:

*Prizes:*
Win a $30,000 college scholarship, a $50,000 tech package for your
school/non-profit organization, and your artwork displayed for a day (24
hours) on Google.com!

Enter your  Doodle and learn more using the following link:
https://doodles.google.com/d4g/

~ LaShawn

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<https://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSL&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/