[nfbmi-talk] introduction from a new list member

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 00:42:10 UTC 2008

hello dennis,

well, the reason on why i moved to colorado is a very long story. so, here it goes... in the summer of 2002 both my sister and i who are both blind and members of the nfb and were members of the nfb of michigan both knew that they needed to to attend a nfb training center for more independent skills and all! we both wanted city travel so we decided between colorado or minnesota. my sister is a guide dog user and at the time ccb was the only nfb center that adapted to guide dogs.

so, before the fall we both decided on ccb as our choice but, they would send my sister first since she didn't have a vocational goal at the time and i did since i was in college in michigan. they said that i would be able to attend that fall. so, i stayed in michigan by myself and she went off to ccb. that was the most lonely and depressed i was! by, the spring time i was beginning to get things ready for the fall to attend ccb and i thought that the commission for the blind in michigan would support it! unfortunately, they didn't! they said that i didn't excessive blindness training since i already had it from michigan which was so wrong!

i fought the commission until june and i had to make a decision in my life. either stay in michigan and fight for this forever or go to colorado to live my luife! and, i moved out to colorado in the summer of 2003.

i had to take residency there and by the spring or summer 2010 i will be attending ccb for my blindness training.

so, that's my story. thanks for asking and i will talk to you soon!

hugs always,
amy

From: "dennis" <dennisl1982 at gmail.com>