[nfbmi-talk] FW: The Treatment and Learning Centers - Executive Search

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 04:39:59 UTC 2008

  _____

From: Miriam Johnson [mailto:MJohnson at TransitionGuides.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:26 PM
To: Fred Wurtzel
Subject: The Treatment and Learning Centers - Executive Search

Hi Fred -

My name is Ginna Goodenow and I work with TransitionGuides. We have been
hired by TLC -- The Treatment and Learning Centers to help them find a new
Executive Director.

The Transition Committee suggested we contact you to see if you might be
interested in the position or have ideas for potential candidates.

TLC offers a range of evaluative, educational, vocational, and therapeutic
services. The new executive will inherit a highly respected organization
with a skilled staff, engaged board, solid financial position with
substantial reserves, and a long history of service to the community.

Candidates should possess the following qualifications:

*         At least 10 years of senior management experience including direct
experience managing in a nonprofit, multiservice setting.

*         Experience in organizations serving people with developmental
disabilities, learning disabilities or other special needs populations.

*         A high degree of financial literacy and experience in budgeting
and financial management at a scale similar or larger than TLC.

*         An inspirational leader with an exceptional record at maintaining
and developing high-performing teams.

*         Diverse experience and solid track record in resource development,
including government grants and contracts, major gifts, individual and
corporate donations, planned giving, capital campaigns and private
foundation grants.

*         A track record of building and maintaining excellent board and
external stakeholder relationships.

*         Masters degree with an emphasis in health care, developmental
disabilities or related field.

I have attached the position announcement and profile for your review. I
would appreciate a few moments of your time to talk when convenient. I am in
the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with access to email
offsite anytime.

Kind Regards,

Ginna Goodenow

Consultant

TransitionGuides

1751 Elton Road, Suite 204

Silver Spring, MD 20903

Direct: (301) 439-6635 x18

Fax: (301) 439-6638

Email: ggoodenow at transitionguides.com

For more information about TransitionGuides and our leadership transition,
executive search and succession planning services please visit
www.transitionguides.com

Next Steps Workshop: An intensive two-day workshop for Founders and
Executive Directors: Washington, DC -- December 8-9, 2008.  For more
information visit: www.transitionguides.com.

Leadership Succession and Executive Transition Clinics: Monthly
ninety-minute sessions for executives and board members to discuss and
receive guidance regarding retirement, career changes, leadership
transitions and succession/continuity planning. Locations alternate monthly
from DC, MD and VA. For more information and to register, visit:
www.transitionguides.com.

Checked by AVG.
8:53 AM