[nfbmi-talk] MPAS Michigan Rules and Reguulations

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 13:37:33 UTC 2010

Hi Fred,

>From what I heard Brown did reference appropritely the segments of the Rehab
Act. I'm referring to her comments on duration of service (timelines), and
needs testing, and loans. In other words she was right, as far as she went.

She also recused herself from that final vote which I found most intersting.
This is where I might challenge her in that basically staff attempted to ram
through a policy that she (Brown) knew violated the Rehab Acts duration of
services provisions, or could.

Actually they can "encourage" anything in a policy, but they cannot fix a
timeline on any individual or on the class.

Again I've got other issues with MPAS and CAP on that are more substantial
than the college policy issue right now.

Of course, I'm going only on Brown's comments during the recorded meeting
and am not privy to what she has done or not done prior to that.

I hope you understand the distinctions I'm drawing here Fred and again I
applaud all the fine work that you and Elizabeth have done on this issue.

Peace,

Joe