[nfbmi-talk] Imagination Fund Grant

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 22:08:06 UTC 2010

So if this grant is due on September 1, then what do we as an affiliate want to do with it? I know that our funds are vary limited right now, so I believe it is important that we apply for this grant. I would recommend that we apply for a grant to help the student division get their scholarship program up and running again, or help out with the costs associated with attending Washington Seminar.

I am deeply opposed on the idea of applying for a grant to help fund more camps at Camp T. They are a separate organization that is not a part of the National Federation of the Blind, and I have a problem with us funding programs for a separate organization when we have a problem funding our own organization. We should be more concerned about funding our own organization before we think about funding another organization that does not appear to do much to help or support us.

What does everyone else think? It would have been nice to have a discussion about this on the last conference call, but since that did not happen, I am posting the question here on the email list. We need to make a decision fast if we want to get in on this opportunity.

Respectfully,
Elizabeth