[nfbmi-talk] wonder if this is why they are talking about state plan in mcb report?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 01:03:21 UTC 2010

June 21, 2010

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Re: Official MCB Correspondence, State Plan, and Public Input

To MCB Commissioners Via E-mail

And Director of Michigan Commission for the Blind, Patrick D. Cannon

Dear Commissioners and Director Cannon,

On several occasions Director Cannon has made the contention, and it has been affirmed by several commissioners that MCB is more inclusive and open than other agencies; and that it also exceeds minimal requirements for public information and input.

Clearly the violations of the Freedom of information Act alone let’s us know that is not true.

Moreover, are own state plan has never had any public input or a public hearing since I’ve been back in Michigan in 2001. In fact the last MCB state plan even posted on MCB’s web site is from Fiscal Year 1999!

Now, when the contention is made that we are more open I must ask, “Compared to what?”

A simple Google search of various agencies shows that MCB is in fact less open and less informative in the process.

I cited just one attachment for this year from the State of Washington after my signature line in this correspondence.

Moreover, in the public record no commissioner has received the draft of the MCB monitoring or, more importantly MCB’s rebuttals and required information.

That is not open.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.