[nfbmi-talk] Michigan Web Site

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 05:06:36 UTC 2010

Hi,
Please excuse if I am off target on this post. I haven't been  following the
thread as close as I should be. Anyway...

as many of you know, I have been on the board of the genesee freenet in the
past. They will be doing our ski club--Optical Illusions, Michigan  Blind
skiers web site. I believe it is $100to make the site and then $100. a year
to maintain per year.   If interested, Be sure and tell them it is for the
blind and a nonprofit and mention Newsline. We will  have to put a list  of
the papers on perhaps?
  . I think they would help. The students at baker are supervised by our
volunteer engineers who are great. You can talk to Brenhilda; they helped
Carl get connected to GFN because his New Braille Apex wouldn't work with
their high speed internet.
Just a thought.

Their new location is right besides Baker so it works well for the students
to get the experience.

The web site is
www.gfn.org

I know they would work on accessibility also.

Larry Porn has been very helpful to me as well as others there. I haven't
been there lately.
 I help by distributing brochures about the service.

We are statewide; the freenet is dial up.

Georgia