[nfbmi-talk] mrs nor mcb nor one stops compliant

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 02:54:44 UTC 2010

Depends upon the entity who is the enforcement agency. Of, course one may
take a state entity to court without exhausting administrative procedures
under both Title II (state and local government) and Section 504 of the
Rehab Act. Generally speaking when it comes to V.R. agencies the Office of
Civil Rights at Education has jurisdiction and believe me I'm filing a
number of complaints against MCB and have ample experience in that with
Region I in New England.

When it comes to other state entities I can and have filed complaints with
DOJ.

Going back as far as 2002 I've offerred evidence of systemic ADA violations
and begged the goofballs at MPAS to sue several entities including at the
time FIA.

No laws are only as good as enforcement.

But, not to worry people have sure got the attention of the commission as
there are now three suits that I know of.

One of course is the Terry Eagle suit filed in United States District Court.
The other is some advocacy group (smile) that has sued the MCB for
violations of the OMA. And the thir is the settlement mentioned in the MCB
agenda of the Hill, et al v. MCB, et al.

It is significant that some of these suits have woken up the board so that
it has recently overturned the abusive, corrupted, and vile ALJ
determinations against Fellows, Brooks, and Tomchak. Nothing I hate worse
that a corrupted administrative law process.

But, federal civil rights laws trump bogus applications of state laws
including administrative law.

I'll right a little more tomorrow about Cannon's violations of Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act. yes, that is the section under Title V that
actually requires that VR agencies have an affirmative action plan for
hiring qualified people with disabilities in their programs.

The fact of the matter is not only doesn't MCB have such policies in place
but two qualified blind folks were summarily fired this year as we know. And
at least in the case of Christine Boone she was replaced with a less
qualified sighted person...

Of course Cannon did that after an extensive nationwide search (my tongue is
in my cheek on that one).

Meanwhile the sighted folks who have abused the process particularly in the
BEP (namely Zanger, but also in the transcripts Heibeck) get promoted.

Oh, yes and aren't Heibeck, Zanger, and Hull who also was promoted named
defendents in the Eagle suit?

Holy smoke we're in the wrong business ladies and gentlemen. It appears in
the upside down and inside out madhouse created by Cannon the primary
qualification for promotion is to violate due process, equal protection
under the law and the very laws that one is entrusted to implement
(including in this instance the Randolph Shepard Act, Public Act 260 and so
on and so forth). Throw in retaliation and numerous civil rights violations
and you've got a promotion in MCB nowadays sure as shooting by golly.

Joe