[nfbmi-talk] again compared to what

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 17:37:45 UTC 2010

Please link to another comparison of a State Agency for the Blind relative to meeting State Plan requirements. Link here to the Iowa Department for the Blind on this issue:
http://www.blind.state.ia.us/Adminstration/State_Plan/PrePrint

Please also note the public hearing requirements referenced to the supplement to the State Plan which run in stark contradiction to what Mr. Patrick D. cannon and Leeman Jones stated to the public at yesterday's Michigan commission for the Blind meeting.

Note also that even the MCB commissioners were apparently never given any State Plan or supplement ever.

Regardless I can google these items on other states and get numerous "hits". But this sort of thing simply isn't put on MCB's web site in spite of continued requests for it it including by past MCB commissioners like Sheila Ashcraft (which can be denoted in the minutes of several meetings while she was a commissioner).

Regardless, once again folks have seen denials to me for such information as this and others under the FOIA and by simply asking for it. I mean I even had a running five year battle to get draft minutes from MCB which are required under the Open Meetings Act, the Michigan FOIA and indeed other laws.

What does all this tell us about MCB over the past decade?

Sincerely,

Joe Harcz

Again the link to Iowa is:

http://www.blind.state.ia.us/Adminstration/State_Plan/PrePrint