[nfbmi-talk] Reflections on the Cost Of Consumer Involvement

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 14:39:40 UTC 2010

Most well said Fred! The fact of the matter is that the hideous abuse of
power in the Mark Eagle affair was just that...A hideous abuse of power!

The fact is as well that Cannon, et al have routinely violated not only PA
260, the OMA and FOIA over and over again, but also the Rehab Act. In fact
MCB nor any other VR entity would exist without this enabling legislation in
the first place.

what is most glaring about the college policy issue in my mind is that
people like yourself, Elizabeth, and me pointed directly to statute and
regulations and professional staff who wouldn't have their jobs without this
act actually tried to make thinkgs up including language that was just plain
baloney and attributed to a citation that didn't say what they said it said.

This goes to Leamon Jones saying that hearings on the State Plan need not be
held under the Rehab Act itself  until the act is amended. What utter
nonsense that is. He did amend those comments later, but Cannon was clearly
directing the spin on that issue.

Colleagues, Cannon would not know the truth written in law if it bit him on
his bottom.

Simply laws are laws, but over and over again the system is corrupted and
these actors act arbitrarily and capriciously in spite of known laws.

Finally, in regards to the ALJ determination or opinion referenced here
about committees I must say we know how reliable these ALJs are in
interpreting the law taand so does everyone by now. They are just shopped
around for to give a rubber stamp to the dictates of Cannon.

These issues are not resolved by any ALJ, but rather in District Court in
this State of Michigan.

Moreover, the chronic and pervasive and malicious violations of our civil
rights will be settled in United States federal court.

It is not just one organization of the blind or one individual who is blind
that has been damaged by the reckless and unlawful behavior of this renegade
organization. All people who are blind in the state of Michigan have been
gravely abused over and over again by this renegade agency. And the simple
and plain fact of the matter is that this unlawful behavior stems from the
very pinnacle of power over our affairs. that goes right to the top and that
goes to Cannon.

Our great nation was envisioned to protect us from such abuse of power. We
are supposed to be governed by the rule of law and not by men.

I cannot say how proud I am to be affiliated with the likes of you, Fred,
Elizabeth, and NFB MI who holds this entity accountable to the rule of law.

Of course, the college policy issue is a victory, but as you imply here
there is much more work to be done to undue the corrupt and abusive policies
and practices of MCB over all.

Peace with Justice for All,

Joe