[nfbmi-talk] Fw: System 7 issues

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 01:46:05 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kramer, Bernie (DELEG)" <kramerb at michigan.gov>
To: "Larry Posont" <president.nfb.mi at gmail.com>
Cc: "Silky, Karyn (DELEG)" <silkyk at michigan.gov>; "Kisiel, Lisa (DELEG)" <kisiell at michigan.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:36 PM
Subject: RE: System 7 issues

Mr. Posont,

Larry,

I feel humbled  in thanking you for your kind remarks.  I am indeed honored by your compliments and  feel I'm leaving before the job
is done.  It is just Larry, that it's time to go.

In terms of personal situations I am a first generation American German Jew, born in NYC but faced tremendous prejudice as I grew up
in rural New York State.  The community had many Nazi's living in the area.  I know it's not the same issue; but that is why I have
always fought for what is right.

I have the highest professional respect for Karyn Silky.  I believe you are right on target.  Her expertise in all facets of Blind
and Low Vision qualifications are exemplary.  I think what we both are frustrated with is the Politic that I wrote about.  We cannot
as an organization get beyond those issues.  I would stand this Staff up against any in State Government.  They are a special group
of professionals willing to go to the edge to ensure services are offered.

Until this Management team trusts it's staff, all the learning opportunities I was offered by John Victory just will not allow this
organization to move Forward.  The tragic part of all this is that my friend and brother, Tony Van Staveren, and I to an extent,
determined we could no longer "fight the fight".

You may know I have faced many health  challenges the past two years.  In the early 2000's Tony Van Staveren and I took a lot on by
ourselves.  I thought we were making progress, but I take you back to my remarks of yesterday's message.

I would appreciate it if I can remain on the NFB of MI distribution list.  This address expires 29 Dec 10 and new address for you is
bpkramer45 at gmail.com

What I will look back on is the tremendous folks I was blessed to have spent the best part of my day with; for 15 years.  I continue
to learn about Blindness.

God willing I hope to attend next year's state conference.

All the Best.

Regards,

Bernie