[nfbmi-talk] interesting article

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 17:21:42 UTC 2010

MSU website recognized for accessibility to blind

Didi Tang

• News-Leader • December 18, 2010

The official website of Missouri State University gained special recognition this week.

The site,

www.missouristate.edu,

is ranked first in friendliness to the blind by a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign researcher, who reviewed web pages at 183 institutions.

His findings are published online with a story on technology accessibility for blind college students by the Chronicle of Higher Education.

"We didn't know the Chronicle was doing the review, but we are not surprised (we are No. 1)," said Sara Clark, director of web and new media at MSU.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20101218/NEWS04/12180353/1007/NEWS01/MSU-website-recognized-for-accessibility-to-blind