[nfbmi-talk] Fw: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] How can they take credit for S.841?

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:18:34 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Freeman" <k7uij at panix.com>
To: "NFB Affiliate Presidents List" <nfbaffiliatepresidents at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] How can they take credit for S.841?

Steve:

I don't blame you for becoming angry.  However, it's wasted emotion.  First,
taking credit as an organization for every accomplishment of alliances or
coalitions of which it is a member is a standard practice for ACB even if
all it did was to join the alliance or coalition and took no further action.
I'd say such behavior is a clear reflection of the moral and ethical
standards of at least some ACB leaders.

Second, in fairness to ACB, we (NFB) seldom mention ACB in connection with
our legislative or other accomplishments even if ACB did assist (as it did
monetarily in some recent lawsuits).  Why should we give ACB tratuitous
publicity?  By the same token, why should ACB give *us* free publicity
except that it would have been more honest to simply stay silent in the
present instance, tacitly acknowledging that we (NFB) did most of the work
and had the original idea.

Mike Freeman, President
NFB of Washington