[nfbmi-talk] Cell Phone Operation bia Voice Commands

Fran Fulton franfulton at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 22:44:12 UTC 2010

Hi All,

This is Joe writing from my girlfriend's home email.

I think the I-phone is the most revolutionary device to come along and will
force others towards universal design and indeed even low cost applications
in one bundle. That includes some intriguing inovations in GPS at $69, a
fully talking level with degrees for $3 and even a built in talking compass.
And that doesn't include the fact that it is an accessible cell phone right
out of the box with full blown email, text messaging and internet access to
boot.

Moreover the new higher pixel rate of it's camera will make ocr and bar code
solutions fully available at ever lower prices.

I don't like the deal they had to cut with AT and T. But at $80 per month it
isn't that prohibitive.

I'm getting one shortly before or shortly after my return back to Michigan.

Wish I had one now.

Oh by the way I have heard that the new I-phone can use the refreshable
braille displays by Maestro. Is that correct?

Anyway you all give 'em heck on access issues and others for that matter
while I'm gone.

And great presentation Marcus ... With thanks to Fred for it.

I'm looking foward to hearing what Fred Schroeder has to say on IDEA
reforms.

Again give 'em heck while I'm gone.

Peace,

Joe Harcz via Fran Fulton's email