[nfbmi-talk] FW: creative writing Kindle book reader for the blind

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Jul 30 02:42:53 UTC 2010

It isn't the publishers -- but the authors.  They consider TTS to be
a separate performance of the book, one to which they want control and money.

Dave

I understand their desire to protect their copyright interests but
TTS is very different from human-read books, or reading from a page
or screen.  That could change some day -- which may be why they are
taking a hard line.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920