[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Colege policy

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:04:01 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Geri Taeckens
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 2:03 PM
Subject: Colege policy

I'm sending information related to the college policy meeting to be held June 21 from 9-3 at Michigan Works in Lansing.  (see attached documents.) If you can familiarize yourself with some of this information, that would be helpful, but not essential.

The goal of this meeting is to develop a college policy that communicates on paper, the spirit of trust and faith in the relationship between the MCB counselor and consumer so that a consumer can develop educational-vocational goals with a plan of action within their capacity, to reach their greatest potential.

Please share this information with anyone who might be interested. We are particularly hopeful that college students or potential college students, parents of blind children, past blind college students, board members, MCB counselors who work with college students, councilors from the training center college prep program, and administrators who over-see these programs can be present.  Of course anyone interested is welcomed.

If anyone can send me Elizabeth Monk's contact information, I would greatly appreciate it. I know she is very interested in this and want to be sure she gets this information.

Thank you.

Geri