[nfbmi-talk] Information about Monday's College Policy Meeting

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:42:03 UTC 2010

I am just simply sending out a reminder for those who are interested in participating in the college policy meeting on Monday. The meeting will take place at the Michigan Works! Building located at 2110 S. Cedar Street in Lansing. If you cannot make the meeting in person, the call in number is 877-873-8017 with the pass code 9734808. The meeting is scheduled from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in the Superior, Michigan, Huron rooms; and will be facilitated by Grace Menzel from Menzel Coaching & Consulting.

As far as I know, there is not a specific agenda for this meeting. I was told to expect this meeting to be more of a flowing dialog which will allow the group to come to a consensus. Although it is not clear if the outcome of this meeting is to create a written policy by the end of the meeting, or if the ideas presented at this meeting would simply go to another writing committee as determined by those who participate in this meeting. In any event, the Commission Board will most likely not make any final decisions until the September board meeting. However, none of this is set in stone, so we will just have to see what becomes of the meeting on Monday. I just thought I would pass this information along for those who plan on attending the meeting.

Elizabeth