[nfbmi-talk] February 8 Board Meeting Minutes

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 21:06:42 UTC 2010

Board Meeting February 8 2010

Larry Posont, Dave Robinson, Terri Wilcox, Marcus Simmons, Mike Powell,
Peter Zaremba.

Discussion.--Mcb issues. A meeting with the Governor is requested. Other
Lansing activities may be forthcoming. Larry talked with Skip Prus about
Christine Boone, Dave Robinson, and the Business Enterprise Program. Larry
wrote Skip Prus a letter concerning these three issues. Other members have
been attacked by the Commission for the Blind. Board members will exchange
letters. There were meetings last summer with Tom Martin. A letter Fred
wrote to him will be sent to Larry. We will lose senior managers of the
Commission for the Blind plus 15 to 25 teachers at the training center. We
will  hold off on meeting with the Governor. We will keep our concerns in
public view.

Kalamazoo Nfb will give a presentation at the training center next Monday,
February 15. There is also an upcoming chapter meeting. Raising student
interest would be important, possibly using the fact sheet that we used for
the protest. Upward Mobility is  when Vocational Rehabilitation assists
financially when someone moves up in the Business Enterprise Program.
Vocational Rehabilitation wants  to make  a list of what they will assist
with, but this is impossible, since each person's needs are different.

Fund Raising Committee.--Discussion. We are ready to put up a web page for
Nature's Finest Bounty. The highest amount it would cost would be $500. We
will get a further report on this during the State board meeting.

Adjourn 9-47.