[nfbmi-talk] Friday Trip to the MCB Board Meeting

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Mar 15 16:45:10 UTC 2010

Hello. Roxanna and others are organizing a ride to the Michigan Commission for the Blind board meeting on Friday. This is our chance to speak out about some of the pressing issues we've been talking about in front of Pat Cannon and the commission board. There are three times for public comment at the meeting as well as a 45-minute presentation by the NFB of Michigan.

The meeting starts at 9 and goes until around 4. We would probably need to leave by 7 or 7:30 at the latest to get there on time. It is my understanding that the affiliate will cover transportation costs, though we may need to throw in a few bucks and you will need money if you wish to buy lunch from the cafeteria.

I know several students from the training center will be attending, and I feel this is of vital importance to attend. This is the chance the MCB board affords consumers to speak out, and if we don't include our voice, it's very easy for them to tell us we had our chance.

We're also considering protest T-Shirts for the meeting. They would be about $16 from Frayed in Kalamazoo. I probably need to get that order in in the next day or so.

Please reply if you have any questions. If there's more than 15 going, we can find another vehicle.

J.J. Meddaugh - ATGuys.com
A premier Licensed Code Factory and KNFB Reader distributor