[nfbmi-talk] long but important info re rs program

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 13 19:37:57 UTC 2010

I second that. Nick and I live primarily on Social Security, besides the
money he earns from his adaptive technology work. Even though convention is
expensive, it is well worth the price it costs to come and see three
thousand blind people united to change what it means to be blind. If we can
possibly make it work, Nick and I want to attend every year from here on. We
can ask how other blind people do things, plus being united in knowing what
issues we, as a movement are trying to address on the national level to
improve the lives of all of the nation's blind citizens. I caught the
convention bug when all of us traveled the streets of Detroit last year as a
group of blind convention attendees. It was my first time united with so
many other blind individuals. I know it will not be my last. It is a
pleasure and an honor to serve our state affiliate as secretary and know
that I might help our movement in a very little way.