[nfbmi-talk] why this is on target

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 18:09:17 UTC 2010

All, the overlap between Ms. Rand with handling books and other
administrative programs for both the Council of State Agencies Vocational
Rehabilitiation (CSAVR) and the National Council of State Agencies for the
Blind (NCAB) are documented in the Treasurer's report from the Spring NCASB
report here:

NCSAB Spring Meeting Minutes April 22, 2005

NCSAB Spring Meeting Minutes April 22, 2005

3. Treasurer's Report: Bill Palmer

NCSAB 2004 YEAR-END TREASURER'S REPORT

Submitted by NCSAB Treasurer - January 25, 2005

2004 - January 1 beginning balance:                    $26,529.28

Balance effective December 31, 2004:             $78,716.94

Forty-six of the member agencies paid dues for 2004 and ten (four
territories and six states) of the member agencies did not pay.

Year 2004 Expenditures

Spring 2004 Conference Costs (Bethesda)            $10,067.40

Fall 2004 Conference Costs (Nashville)                  $12,481.58

University of Arkansas (website development)   $ 1,500.00

Annual 501(C) 6 Corporate filing fee                          $ 25.00

Contract for admin services from CSAVR     $8,000.00

Phones
$110.68

Charges at Officers meeting in December                   $407.09

YTD 2004 expenditures:                                         $32,591.75

2004 Revenue

Dues
$53,130.00

Spring Conference Registration Fees                      $19,420.00

Fall Conference Registration Fees as of 12/31   $12,170.00

Interest Earned in 2004
$59.41

Total revenue for 2004:
84,779.41

Gain for the year 2004:
$52,187.66

Note:

Fall Conference Fees paid in January 2005 as of Jan 25th .

        $4,145

Fall Conference Fees not yet paid as of Jan 25, 2005.

 $13,150

NOTE:  Balance on January 25, 2005 was $82,861.94

NCSAB 2005 (estimated) BUDGET PLAN

Submitted by NCSAB Treasurer - March 29, 2005

2005 - January 1 beginning balance:                      $78,716.94

Balance effective March 29, 2005:                     $106,181.89

Year 2005 estimated Expenditures

Fees and expenses for contractors
$60,000.00

Spring 2004 Conference Costs (Bethesda)            $10,067.40

Fall 2004 Conference Costs (Nashville)                  $12,481.58

University of Arkansas (website development)   $ 1,500.00

Annual 501(C)6 Corporate filing fee
$ 25.00

Contract for admin services from CSAVR     $8,000.00*

Phones
$110.68

Charges at Officers meeting in December                   $407.09

Audit of NCSAB books
$4,000.00

2005 estimated expenditure total:                       $96,591.75

2005 Revenue Projections

Dues
$53,000.00

Conference Registration Fees
$35,000.00

Interest Earned in 2005
$60.00

Total revenue projection for 2005:                 $88,060.00

Projected loss for the year 2005:                                  $8,531.75

Projected balance on December 31, 2005:     $70,185.19

Notes:

List of 1 items

1. Fall 2004 Conference Fees not yet paid as of March 29, 2005 equal
approximately $9,000

list end

List of 1 items

2. 19 states and 4 territories had not paid dues as of March 29, 2005.

list end

List of 1 items

3. $35,850 received as of March 29, 2005 for 2005 NCSAB dues.  If every
state and territory paid, NCSAB would receive $73,940.

list end

List of 4 items (contains 1 nested list)

List of 4 items nesting level 1

. Chuk Hamilton for Minnesota will become the interim treasurer.

. Palmer suggested the states take their bill to their fiscal officer for
payment.

. Be aware that CSAVR and NCSAB have the same mailing address; this may
serve as a source of confusion, especially when payments are mailed. Make
sure your

NCSAB correspondence is addressed to NCSAB.

. NCSAB pays CSAVR $8,000.00 per year to provide all the myriad of logistic
details involved in conference planning and billing. Kimberli Rand was
commended

for doing an excellent job.

list end nesting level 1

list end

*Addendum: NCSAB is now paying CSAVR $10,000 for Ms. Rand's services.
Although this increase was put into place after the spring meeting, we
thought this

increase prudent to note in the spring 2005 minutes for the record.