[nfbmi-talk] Off Topic: RE: dell

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 05:36:56 UTC 2010

I don't think any of this is off topic per se and I value the input and the
fact that I can for a moderate price back up all that I've done. Thanks Fred
for the cite and thanks Georgia for the question.

As an aside and on topic observation I will get an Apple computer to replace
this one when it is dead as I will not pay the price to both upgrade my PC
and the additional price to upgrade, at the same cost to me, my screen
reader.

I sincerely hope that all second party vendors realize the concept of
universal design implide and promoted here. The day for this is not
tomorrow, but, rather it is at hand.

Just as I remember the day in 1990 or 91 when I paid six hundred bucks to
upgrade my pc to a 20 mg hardrive and now I can as, Fred suggests get a
terra byte for $150. I and all can also get built in speech for nothing with
apple products including, of course for less than two hundred dollars the
I-phone which actually has more power and capacity than my older and now
virtually defunct 2001 HP lap top (with 15 gigs btw). Shoot I can get that
for less than forty dollars on a thumb drive at retail in any store for
crying out loud.

What all this says to me and on the blindness issue is that the day is not
only coming but is here where we, the blind won't have to pay one more
nickel for that that is readily given or expendended by anyone else.

Man, I'm just waiting for Verizon to pick up the I-phone and I, and we in
the revolution of accessable technology will join the rest of the human race
at the same price and with the same options that are universal to everyone.

Sorry third party vendors, really I am... sorry Microsoft...Oh well not
really Billy Gates...