[nfbmi-talk] Important Washington Seminar Information

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Nov 22 04:23:54 UTC 2010

Hello List,
Washington Seminar will take place from Monday, January 31to
Thursday, February 3, 2011 in Washington, DC
. It is one of our greatest opportunities to unite as an organization and meet with
our representatives on issues of national importance. Issues for this year have not
yet been decided, but in the past, they have included quiet cars, social security,
and a technology bill of rights.
As always, we are looking for a mix of seasoned veterans and first-time attendees
for the 2011 event. Those who are chosen will be expected to attend congressional
appointments as assigned as well as a state caucus and other planned events. To qualify
for any financial support from our affiliate, it is preferred that attendees arrive
by
3 PM
 on Monday, January 30 and depart no earlier than 4 PM
 on Wednesday, February 2. Those interested in the national student seminar will
wish to arrive by Sunday evening, as the seminar is all day on Monday.
Pending board approval, the Michigan
 affiliate may be able to offer you space in one of the affiliate hotel rooms from
Sunday through Tuesday evening. It will be expected that individuals will be responsible
for making their own transportation arrangements. Scholarships from the
Michigan School
 for the Blind's Low Incidence Outreach may be available for youth and families who
wish to attend. If you require further financial assistance, please send us a note.
If you are interested in attending as a part of our affiliate, please write to jj at bestmidi
.com. be sure to include your name, where you are from, whether or not you have attended
Washington Seminar before, and why you would like to be a part of our delegation.
All messages of interest must be received by
December 15, 2010.
Pleas feel free to write with any questions.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.