[nfbmi-talk] the other thing i don't get

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 22:17:18 UTC 2010

Back to the MCB Training Center to my knoledge all the students have already been sent packing and it will not reopen until after the New Year if then. All of the staff are packing up everything and have been doing so to make way for the proposed renovations that will take a year. They are to be out of there by December 4 but that is when the two new job positions are posted for (deadline for them anyways).

But, to my knoledge no lease for even wharehouse (note the Oct. RFP) has been signed. So where will the stuff at MCB TC be stored? In Pat Cannon's basement?

Moreover, I've still not heard the word about the actual signing of a lease for a motel under recievership in Kalamazoo which supposedly will be used as a temporary training center for the year that renovations on the current site will be taking place.

Man, they sure have been doing a lot of planning on this eh?

This is all getting pretty strange to me and it appears not at first blush that the administrative powers that be have left residential adjustment to blindness programs as the very last thing on their rather twisted  minds.  I mean what about the blind consumer in need here? Oh what a novel thought that MCB would actually be in the business of rehab services for people who are blind and in need.

Guess Ms. Heibeck needs some more administrative help with the second job opening and that I guess takes precidence over deliverying the goods so to speak.

Oh, heaven forbid too that that person be someone who is qualified and blind too.

Man, sorry all but this makes me ill.

The horror of it is just too much.

Joe