[nfbmi-talk] Tree trimming for blind people?

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Sun Nov 28 14:52:43 UTC 2010

I have always started my lights at the top of the tree, just under the
ornament which goes on the top. I usually move the tree out in to the center
of the floor and slowly walk around it with the lights string in my hand. It
also helps to make sure there are no knots in it before you start stringing
the lights. With regard to burn-outs, they don't happen very often so I just
let someone tell me later if one is not working. Usually each string will
come with a couple extra's and sometimes even a fuse which I've never had to
use.

As far as ornaments are concerned, if the branch is empty it's ready for an
ornament. Just make sure to pladce the ornaments at least two inches from
the end of the branch otherwise they'll bend the branch down and maybe fall
off.

Fred Olver