[nfbmi-talk] braille reading contest

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 19:40:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

There are a number of us  who are taking part in the Braille reading contest through NFB.  Reading braille hymnals has always been a challenge for me. I contacted Natalie at the National Center in Baltimore nd she approved the United Methodist  Hymnal as a book that I could read. It is several  volumes but I am thrilled to be able to  be able to include  it in the contest readings.

I am sorry I have not been in contact with my team members. My  eye is giving me some trouble and well today I am going to take the rest of the day and rest a bit and well I don't think I can resist reading as long as I can stay awake!

What would we do without Braille? I cannot imagine even though I am a fan of talking books as well.

I will call in a few days.

Best,
Georgia