[nfbmi-talk] news line funding letter from Pat

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 02:29:52 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Federationists:
    I met with Pat Cannon on Friday afternoon concerning Newsline Funding. Mike Powell and Gere Wilcox attended the meeting as well.
I am enclosing Pat Cannons letter below mine so you can see our results. We are getting $20,000 to restart Newsline. This money will
run Newsline for three to four months. We need to wait until the agreement between the National Office and the Commission for the
Blind is finalized,. We need to make sure we accurately fulfill reporting requirements.I will report to the Board about our meeting
Thursday night at the Board meeting. In order to fill in the general membership, there will also be a segment on Newsline at the
Convention.
Sincerely,
Larry Posont, President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan