[nfbmi-talk] local channel on Newsline

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 12:58:58 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

Please, Newsline needs your help. Please submit to  newsline
gakitchen at gfn.org
or
ghkitchen at comcast.net
info on your chapters so it will stay updated, other information that you feel is important to the blind about services in your area or elsewhere that folks can benefit from, job openings, info for seniors and youth etc.

I get the announce only list from NFB and do have a volunteer put many of these on.  We all would appreciate your help in this manner and I would like to ask Baltimore to put the local channel under new subscribers favorites. I think many new users unless  they are  tech savvy forget to check some of the other options including the local channel.
You can also help Newsline by taking brochures to occupational therapists at your local hospital, vi teachers, churches, senior centers. NFB of Michigan is working hard (Larry and others)  to find funding for this service so the more we can promote it and let newly blinded people know about it, the better. I take a newsline brochure when I ask for a door prize and say this is a free service we provide local blind folks. In these harsh economic times, getting door prizes  seems to be a challenge.

Well, enough for now.

Best,
Georgia