[nfbmi-talk] Fw: [acb-l] 18 cell Apex now works with the iPhone

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 11:52:01 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Earlene Hughes
To: acb-l at acb.org
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:37 AM
Subject: [acb-l] 18 cell Apex now works with the iPhone

Hello all,

The IOS4 update just came out. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would try to see if my iPhone would work with my 18 cell Apex. I was pleasantly surprised when, after my iPhone said, "connected," the Braille appeared right before my fingers!

Previously, the iPhone was not set up for the 18 cell units; it worked for the 32 cell units. As of the new update, Braille support is now included for the 18 cell Apex units. I thought some of you iPhone users out there might want to know.

Have a good evening all.

--Earlene