[nfbmi-talk] FW: Data collection

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 00:09:36 UTC 2010

Hello,

I asked Geri to provide a list of data currently being collected.  It seems
inefficient for us to recommend a lot of items that are already being
collected, but she wishes us to do it this way.  Now someone will have to
compare all the suggestions to the list of collected stuff.

I also suggested that the 911 and RSA-15 be posted so we don't reinvent
these items.  She did not respond to this request.  I guess they just want
to do things the hard way.

Anyway, we may wish to have 1 person or a couple people organize our

It is important to get data.  Probably if the reports already produced were
simply posted to the internet, this task would be greatly simplified, since
we could simply look to see what is not collected and just ask for that.
Also, we will most likely miss important information, because we cannot
easily survey categories and specific fields.  Again, withholding
information increases distrust and creates a separation between the agency
with information and consumers without.  It is a power imbalance that leads
to poor consumer relationships.  Why?

Our best choice is to participate and do our best to help create an open and
sharing agency who is unafraid to include consumers in the knowledge of what
is happening.

Thanks for your involvement.

Warmest Regards,

Fred