[nfbmi-talk] Maintenance Policy

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 21:31:15 UTC 2010

Hello Elizabeth and List,

Elizabeth, you have raised 1 point that we need to try to get inserted into
the policy, that is, College room and board.

It is doubtful, but not impossible, that the policy violates the law, since
this is a direct quote of the federal rule on maintenance.  The feds are
capable of errors, too.

Do you think there need to be more examples, or a good introduction or both
or something else?This rule covers such a broad range of services that one
could go on for a long time with examples.  On the other hand, new clients
have no idea what is possible and can be easily misled.  I'm not sure how to
resolve this issue.  Maybe Iowa or Nebraska has some rule on maintenance
that would be helpful.

Joe, you are the farrut of rules.  Can you find some other states' rules on
maintenance?

Let's work together to create an undeniable policy that the Commission Board
will adopt.

Warmest Regards,

Fred