[nfbmi-talk] getting real

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 20:26:39 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FEMA-Disability-Integration-Coordination <
Fema-Disability-Integration-Coordination at dhs.gov>

Date: Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Subject: WEBCAST- Getting Real - 2010 Inclusive Emergency Management
National Capacity Building Training Conference

 *PLEASE FORWARD TO OTHERS WHO MAY BE INTERESTED*

*FEMA HOSTS "GETTING REAL" CONFERENCE SEPT. 22-24*

*Event on emergency management practices inclusive of people with
disabilities *

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Craig Fugate often
mentions that "FEMA does not plan for easy, it plans for real." The
Administrator also recognizes that virtually every community in the United
States may have as many as fifty percent of their population in need of
assistance to prepare for emergencies and disasters.

Building on these concepts, the FEMA Office of Disability Integration and
Coordination is hosting a national forum next week in Baltimore. The
three-day interactive training conference brings disability and emergency
management community leaders together from across the country to build
capacity on inclusive emergency management practices.

Featured speakers include, among others:

FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate

FEMA Office of Disability Integration and Coordination Director Marcie Roth

FEMA Assistant Administrator for Grants Elizabeth Harman and Assistant
Administrator for National Preparedness Corey Gruber

As well as key leadership from:

U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Transportation, U.S. Health
and Human Services

DHS Office of Accessible Systems & Technology, Federal Communications
Commission and the American Red Cross

The full agenda can be found at:
http://www.fema.gov/about/odic/.

The conference attendance is by invitation only but will be webcast live in
its entirety at:
http://dhs.scienceandtechon.tv/2010.femancbc/home.php.

* *

*FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure
that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our
capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and
mitigate all hazards.*

###

*Marcie Roth*
Director

Office of Disability Integration and Coordination
Department of Homeland Security/ FEMA

202.212.1537 (office)

202.285.9231 (cell)

marcie.roth at dhs.gov

[image: National Preparedness Month - September 2010 (Register to become a
Coalition Member) graphic] <
http://www.ready.gov/america/npm10/index.html>

*"FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure
that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve  our
capacity to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and
mitigate all hazards."*

To usubscribe to NH-ADAPT send a blank note to:
NH_ADAPT-unsubsribe at onelist.com
Win a NH-ADAPT T-shirt come up with the most outrageous disability activism designYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)