[nfbmi-talk] Braille is Forever

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 19:17:52 UTC 2011

Christy, that's why I learned how to use my slate when I was yung!  I didn't relish carrying a big bulky braille writer with me.  Also, the braille writer makes a whole lot of noise and has a tendency to be disruptive.  Speech doesn't really bother me.  Some sighted folks are amazed by it and some annoyed.  They just have to get over it when at my house!  I also believe that the more ways us blind folks can get information, the better.  Whether it be by voice, raised print or braille.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!