[nfbmi-talk] to hold a candle

Lydia Schuck laschuck at juno.com
Wed Dec 28 18:23:13 UTC 2011

Dear Friends,

As much as I like the candle thing on Christmas eve, I must say that when
I had long hair, until 2 weeks ago, in fact, it always made me nervous to
stand next to my own children with candles.  Still it is very beautiful.

I do recall Dr. Maurer telling us when our affiliate went to Baltimore
that he was  little tired of sighted people making a big deal about the
sunset all the time.  Maybe this is one of those kind of things.

By the way, I heard about an experience with lighting matches at a
National Convention Banquet...can anyone recount that story?  The topic
of lighting a match came up recently with Anna, my daughter who is blind.

Lydia Schuck
not an NFB secret operative, just an enthusiast for blind people speaking
for themselves, and the moms of blind youth, too