[nfbmi-talk] to hold a candle, Part 2

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Thu Dec 29 09:38:06 UTC 2011

Hello all,
I just wanted to add that in our church, we light the Advent
wreath on the four Sundays before Christmas: they stand for hope,
peace, joy, and love.  Then on Christmas eve all of these candles
are lighted, and then the Christ candle is lighted.  It is from
this one candle that all of the people get their lights inthe
whole church.
Mary

Christmas Eve.  They turn all the lights out so it is dark.  No
one can see a thing at all.   and then, at least in our Church, a
single candle is lighted by someone  at the very front.  That
lone person holding that single candle walks down the center
aisle, lighting the candles of all of the people sitting along
the aisle.  Then those people pass the light to their neighbors
until the entire church, every person in every row is holding a
lighted candle and all of those tiny flames came from the one
single light...like Jesus, through his single life, brought
eternal life and light to us all!

>Think of it like this Teri:
>One person, at the front of the Church, begins by singing a
single clear note and, one by one, the note is taken up by each
person along the center aisle and then spreading along each row
until the whole church is filled with the sound...except that,
unlike a real congregation where the notes would be not quite all
the same, those many voices would be as one.

>OK, that's my best shot.  Anyone else?

>Christine

>On Dec 27, 2011, at 3:13 PM, <trising at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Dear Federation Family:
>>    It turns out that we did not have to process in and out with
the candle.  It was placed through a plastic cup to hold the wax,
and we just held them during the singing of Silent Night.  So, I
did hold the candle.  I held it with two hands, because I was
nervous about it, but I held it.  It must be some sort of visual
thing to hold candles in the church while singing Silent Night.
It seems kind of pointless to me.  Anyone who has had sight want
to explain this?

>> Terri Wilcox

>> --
>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
>> We are a community of 7 million users fighting spam.
>> Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

>> The Professional version does not have this message
info for nfbmi-talk:

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmi-talk_nfbnet.org/christine
_boone%40comcast.net