[nfbmi-talk] anyone see problems w this?

Christine Boone christine_boone at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 16:41:59 UTC 2011

In all of that garbage, there was nothing at all about any services that CAP itself might provide.  In the world as I know it, caP is supposed to work with any customer who is dissatisfied with the services they receive, or fail to receive, from the rehabilitation agency.  A CAP representative should accompany a customer to the administrative review, to a mediation, and to the hearing before an Administrative law judge (ALJ).   There should be no charge for this service, and there is one more important thing...the CAP representative is supposed to represent the best interests of the customer...they are not supposed to support the agency!!!  The fact that MRS and MCB continue to contgract with Protection and Advocacy for  the services of a client assistance program really constitutes a mis-use of funds, given that the intent of the rehabilitation act is not being carried out by the so-called protection and advocacy organization; nor has it ever been, at least not during my time in Michigan.

That is all I have to say on the subject.

Christine