[nfbmi-talk] If you Had 20 million Dollars, What Would You Do To help blind People Get a Job?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 11:53:56 UTC 2011

Fred,

Great questions all!

There is a whole lot to clean up as you know. But, let me start with first
things first.

1. We need to clean up, streamline and make accountable the system right
from the get go. I'm talking about increasing our information and referral
including updating and utilizing MCB's web site to start with. There also
needs to be accountability rregarding the application, assessment and
eligability process. We all know that right now there is no accountability
in these regards and that in many cases a potential customer is lucky to get
a call back from a counselor. We all know of gross violations of the Rehab
Act when it comese to eligability as well. The Eaagle, Tomcak, Brooks, and
Fellows cases show that is a fact and those are only the tip of the
proverbial iceberg. I think that MCB should get a grant like MRS did a few
years back to have an independent "mystery shopper" program to look at these
issues scientifically and independently.

As I said this is just a start.

Joe