[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Radisson Hotel Lansing

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 00:37:18 UTC 2011

No, but I stayed there after the MCB meeting and the floor was in violation
of the ADA, particularly the requirement for raised character and Braille
signs on every permanent room including room numbers. (Oh tthat was an issue
at the MCB quarterly meeting we attended at Constitution Hall). Gary Wonder
the editor of the Braille Monitor whit whom I had dinner reported the same
issue. And blind commissioners including NFB MI president Larry Posont had
his room paid for there, though he stayed on the 10th floor which was
accessable.

But the most important thing here is tthat the Radisson immediately
re-funded my money. Then they followed up with "interim measures" like this
not only for me but anyone else who is blind while they work on making the
other floors accessable.

now contrast this with the kick in the teath that I've been getting for ten
years now regarding these access issues and gross ADA/civil rights violatin
from MCB and indeed other state agencies.

And don't forget that PPat Cannon was the State ADA coordinator for several
years and ignored fixing this and other issues like alternate formates upon
request throught the very agency itself!

For this alone he should be fired yesterday for it constitutes mass,
pernitious and willful discrimination against an entire class.

I referr yu to the access issues and recomendations made by NFB MI in its
report to the MCB board which Terri kindly posted to this list a few days
back.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Joe