[nfbmi-talk] Jo Ann Polarski

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 18:59:03 UTC 2011

Right on Larry.

And I'll reiterate I have nothing against Jo anne or, for that matter Gerri
and have told them both that  on a personal basis at all.

I'm certain they are nice and even well intentioned people.

But, when it comes to public accountability of public officials and
performance and the law it doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Look I'm engaged with my local school board and I know and am personal
friends with some members. But, I have called them out publicly along with
the administration when they in objective manner screw up on this or that
and when it again is demonstrated.

As many know I'm decidedly liberal and to the extreme by many standards. But
I'll call out Democrats for incompetent actions and especially will call
them out for documented waste, fraud, and abuse or public corruption if
again documented.

Bottomline is these are public institutions engaged in public actions and
dealing with the public trust.

And again there must be public stewardship, open government and
accountability.

Now, that, of course goes triple ditto for so-calledpublic servants who are
well compensated and in positions of power like Pat Cannon and, for that
matter Govenor Snyder.

What ever happened to the notion of public responsability expressed best by
former President Harry S. Truman when he said simply, "The buck stops here."

These agencies and governmental bodies are not knitting circles, or social
clubs, or Girl Scout troops, although at the risk of seeming to "trash"
people in MCB I've seen better reconciled financial statements from some
bowling clubs than I have from MCB in recent releases that don't make much
sense.

Finally, as former Senator Danial Patrick Monihan once said, "Everyone is
entitled to his own opinion, but no one is entitled to his own facts."

Facts are reality based and either are or are not. The other things are
subjective and simply irrelevent at least from the standpoint of good
government.

Say, I'm sure in my heart of hearts George W. Bush is a nice fellow. I
wouldn't mind perhaps having a cup of coffee or a snack with him someday.
But his policies brought about the depression we are undergoing. And those
are facts and documented facts at that.

Jo Anne might well be a nice, wonderful and trully giving person. I won't
contest that at all.

She has always, or most always been personable to me.

But, under her chair personship, again one that was well beyond her limits
to serve under the Rehab Act we have seen the documented follies of Cannon,
et al llead the MCB right to the cliff of absolute destruction.

If I said anything else it would be a lie.

It would not be accurate. It would not be factual historically speaking.

It just wouldn't be so.

Peace with Justice,

Joe