[nfbmi-talk] nfbmi-talk Digest, Vol 60, Issue 1

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 07:23:21 UTC 2011

I too want to add my congratulations to Christine and th NFB legal team for
their victory on behalf of Christine, blind persons, and the NFB.  I hope
The MCB has the wisdom to not appeal and drag this case out any longer,
while further wasting financial resources that could be spent on training
and jobs for the unemployed blind citizens, and return to quality training
with the leadership of Christine.

This is the third legal losefor the Out-of-Commission for the Blind in
eachof the last three months.  Any bets on thie next losefor the month of
June?  How mamy legal loses and tens of thoundsands of dollars will it take
for the powers-to-be and supporters of Pat Cannon to recognize the need tfo
replace the entire current management team whom are puppets for the MCB
Director, Pat Cannon, and certainly are only dedicated to protecting their
own employment, rather than training and assisting blind individuals to
secure and and maintain employment through supportive services.  One need
only examine the annual MCB budget to realize why blind individuals are not
being served, in addition to the prevailing attitudes and practices toward
blindness and blind persons, all add to the poor performance of MCB
management.  Why and how can the powers-to-be continue to sit back and
support and promote such continuous illegal acts and poor performance?  My
answer to this question is that the powers-to-be with the authority to take
action and bring about change are on the same ship as the current management
team; puppets of and beholde to Pat Cannon for their position or
appointment, and put their position and loyalty to Pat Cannon for assisting
in putting them in their position, before their oath to ensure that matters
are handled in a legal manner, and to serve the best interests of those they
are charged to serve, above thier own or the personal interests and agenda
Pat Cannon

On another topic, I remember Evenlyn's case, (Ms. Weckerly, as my parents
InsistedI address her) when I was a boy growingup  in Pontiac, when my
Parents Donald and Dorothy Eagle (Dorothy Scott now), , were leaders in the
North Oakland County Chapter and state affiliate of NFB.  As a young man I
had the honor of meeting Mr. Carl Shier, NFB attorney, and seeing Mr. Shier
in action on behalf of blind citizens, and has had an inspiration for me to
advocate for blind persons.

Cordially,
Terry Eagle