[nfbmi-talk] Donna's obit.

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Sun Jun 12 19:32:35 UTC 2011

Marcia, I'm sending this to you because Steve feels it necessary to peruse all of my messages I send to the group.

Fred

Donna Lynn Dodge

Published: Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:00 AM CDT
Donna Lynn Dodge, 57, of Owensboro passed away on Friday June 10, 2011, at her home. She was born on July 15, 1953 in Detroit. She was a 1971 graduate of the Michigan School for the Blind and a 1975 graduate on the Dean’s List of Eastern Michigan University, where she received a degree as a social worker. She was a member of Breckenridge Street United Methodist Church, where she taught music to Bible school children. She was very talented musically and could play many instruments. Donna worked at Service Center for the Visually Impaired in Flint, Mich., and for the Crisis Line and River Valley Behavioral Health in Owensboro. She was a case manager at River Valley and also taught English and Braille. She was preceded in death by her father, Leslie Ray Saylors.

Surviving is her mother, Lorene Saylors of Owensboro; a sister, Janet L. Peterson and husband of Saline, Mich.; two nephews and a niece; eight great-nephews and nieces; and many cousins. Donna had many, many dear friends and will be greatly missed.

Services will be at noon Tuesday at Glenn Funeral Home and Crematory, with burial following in Heltsley Cemetery in Clifty. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday and after 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be placed at www.glennfuneralhome.com
http://www.dealingwithvisionloss.com  For some of us it's a way of life and for some of us it just makes life easier. Fred Olver