[nfbmi-talk] system 7 info request

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jun 15 17:18:04 UTC 2011

June 15, 2011

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: information request System 7

Elsie Duell, Michigan Commission for the blind

(Via e-mail)

Dear Ms. Duell,

Yesterday I attended the MCB Service Delivery and Design team meeting via teleconference. I was distressed to hear that the problems with System 7continue. As you know this is critical for meeting obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and our compliance with Rehabilitation Service Administration’s data gathering requirements let alone the ability of MCB Counselors to effectively deliver and in a timely manner or appropriately account for services to MCB customers.

This said I was informed that you’ve collected and have compiled a list of “issues”. I am requesting this list now.

Moreover, as a blind person I’m requesting this list in accessible format pursuant to the obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (subparte e, communications) and Section 504 of the very Rehabilitation Act of 1973 which establishes the Michigan Commission for the Blind and funds it to begin with. Please remit in a timely manner this list as either a Word attachment, or plain text enclosure to my e-mail address listed above.

I thank you in advance for your prompt and accessible response to this inquiry.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.