[nfbmi-talk] Reaction To Donna Rose's Coments To Joe

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 19:46:52 UTC 2011

First off, Mrs Rose stated earlier that she doesn't have time to devote to blind issues because she has to work!  Wish I had that probblem!  That's why I'm a member of NFB.  Also, diplomacy works well but it seems like there has to be a war first.  If diplomacy works so well, how come we haven't mad much progress in the last 20 years or so!  Depending on who you believe, 70 to 80% of us blind folks still don't have jobs even though many of us have the skills to be quite employable.  Sometimes, it takes someone like Mr. Harcz and others to upset the apple cart some and show folks what's really important.  That is, respect and fairness!  I have many skills and do things like get around, cook and give personal care.  Sighted folks think that I am absolutely amazing because I can do the things that everyone else can.  Well, thatt is good but I am not getting any job offers even with my degree in psychology and physiology!  If things are going well then we can afford to talk and hammer out the details for MCB and other agencies that provide services to us.  But when those agencies are iether intentionally breaking the laws, not knowing what they are supposed to provide or just clueless, we need to speak out and correct the probblem befor it gets to big to control.  Joe, Donna may very well think you're a very mean individual and who knows you may be.  But if there is cause for it well then it is what is!  While talking to you I also saw the passion and heart felt energy you put into your posts.  You give me the impression that you really do care about what is happening to everyone else as well as yourself and that you mean to change it!  Keep going and I'm sure that most of your fellow Federationists will stand behind you even if sometimes it seems like you are over the top!  After alll, you are only speaking to the truth and some folks don't want to tackle that!  Imagine that!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!